The Los Angeles Dodgers ’ Shohei Ohtani is the topic of sensation for the baseball world, and so are the New York Yankees ’ torpedo bats that are taking the storm. Recently, Ohtani was asked for his opinion on torpedo bats and if he would ever consider using them.
Shohei Ohtani says he wouldn’t switch his old batThe Los Angeles Dodgers’ Shohei Ohtani’s skills have been the talk of the town. Ohtani, who made Dodgers’ history with stunning scores, was recently asked whether he would consider using the new torpedo bats, during the Japanese media portion of his postgame scrum following his walk-off home run on his MVP bobblehead night . The night that changed everything.
In Japanese, Ohtani said he wouldn’t suddenly start using it, but he also wouldn’t rule out the possibility of being satisfied with his current bat. Ohtani said:
“I don’t think I’d suddenly start using it, I wouldn’t completely rule out the possibility, but I’m very satisfied with my current bat, and I feel like I’m getting the right feel from it.”
Further, Ohtani said he'd be willing to use his current bat. He said:
“For now, I think I’ll stick with the bat I’m using.”
The bat that Ohtani is currently using, created history for him last year as well. He was the first player to hit 50 or more home runs while securing 50 or more bases in the same season.
Yankees’ Aaron Judge says his previous games speak for himself However, for the New York Yankees, the torpedo bats seem to change the world and their game. While Shohei Ohtani believes he doesn’t need to change his bat, the Yankees’ captain, Aaron Judge believes he too wouldn’t witness any huge change.
Aaron Judge said that his past records speak for how his game went. He said:
“What I did the past couple of seasons speaks for itself, Why try to change something if you have something that’s working?”
However, teammates with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Max Muncy and Kiké Hernández have ordered the new bats, while Muncy managed to experiment it in Wednesday’s game, going 0-for-3 with the torpedo bat before switching back to his old bat, where he hit a two-run double for his first runs batted in of the season.
Also Read: Shohei Ohtani Responds In Biggest Way With A Massive Home Run On Bobblehead Night
Shohei Ohtani says he wouldn’t switch his old batThe Los Angeles Dodgers’ Shohei Ohtani’s skills have been the talk of the town. Ohtani, who made Dodgers’ history with stunning scores, was recently asked whether he would consider using the new torpedo bats, during the Japanese media portion of his postgame scrum following his walk-off home run on his MVP bobblehead night . The night that changed everything.
No torpedo bats any time soon for Shohei Ohtani 😅
— Dodgers Nation (@DodgersNation) April 4, 2025
The Dodgers superstar is just fine, as shown on his bobblehead night recently! pic.twitter.com/8rlJdWiN7t
In Japanese, Ohtani said he wouldn’t suddenly start using it, but he also wouldn’t rule out the possibility of being satisfied with his current bat. Ohtani said:
“I don’t think I’d suddenly start using it, I wouldn’t completely rule out the possibility, but I’m very satisfied with my current bat, and I feel like I’m getting the right feel from it.”
Further, Ohtani said he'd be willing to use his current bat. He said:
“For now, I think I’ll stick with the bat I’m using.”
The bat that Ohtani is currently using, created history for him last year as well. He was the first player to hit 50 or more home runs while securing 50 or more bases in the same season.
Yankees’ Aaron Judge says his previous games speak for himself However, for the New York Yankees, the torpedo bats seem to change the world and their game. While Shohei Ohtani believes he doesn’t need to change his bat, the Yankees’ captain, Aaron Judge believes he too wouldn’t witness any huge change.
Aaron Judge said that his past records speak for how his game went. He said:
“What I did the past couple of seasons speaks for itself, Why try to change something if you have something that’s working?”
However, teammates with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Max Muncy and Kiké Hernández have ordered the new bats, while Muncy managed to experiment it in Wednesday’s game, going 0-for-3 with the torpedo bat before switching back to his old bat, where he hit a two-run double for his first runs batted in of the season.
Also Read: Shohei Ohtani Responds In Biggest Way With A Massive Home Run On Bobblehead Night
You may also like
'I'm a doctor, here's what to cut from your diet to reduce IBS symptoms'
Chhattisgarh: Surrendered Naxalites, people affected in Balrampur get PMAY Housing aid for first time
UK's most sought-after beach has golden sands next to classic British seaside town
'Dark chapter in federalism', says CM Stalin as president withholds assent to Tamil Nadu's NEET bill
Mumbai: A Malnourished Mayanagri With Over 16,000 Children Affected